Clay Insulation Brick
Clay Insulation Brick Insulation
The clay insulating brick is a kind of light refractory products containing 30%~46% alumina oxide, the main materials are chamotte or lightweight clinker and plastic clay, It is usually produced by the method of combustible material, also can adopt the chemical method and foam method to form vesicular structure. The characteristics of clay insulating refractory material is of high porosity, usually 40%~85%; The low volume density is lower than 1.5g/cm3; Thermal conductivity is low, generally less than 1.0W (m.K). As the insulation material of industrial kiln, it can reduce heat loss, save energy, and reduce the quality of thermal equipment. Thermal insulation refractories have poor mechanical strength, wear resistance and slag resistance, which are not suitable for the parts of bearing structure and direct contact slag, burden and molten metal.
Clay Insulation Brick Properties
1. High porosity, usually 40%~85%.
2. Low volume density, the low volume density is lower than 1.5g/cm3
3. Low thermal conductivity, generally less than 1.0W (m.K)
4. As the insulation material of industrial kiln, it can reduce heat loss, save energy, and reduce the quality of thermal equipment.
Clay Insulation Brick Application
1. Furnaces of metallurgy industry, heat treatment furnace
2. Furnaces of chemical industry and construction industry.
3. Furnace of incineration of garbage, recirculating fluidized bed furnace